WiFi password (Network Security Key) serves for protection your wireless network and prevents the unauthorised access to your PCs, laptops, tablets, phones, etc. In different operating systems it also can be called Wireless Security Key, Wireless Password and Network Security Key. It is a typical situation when you forget the security key for your wifi because everything has been working well for a long time. And suddenly you need to enter your WiFi password again. It may happen if you decided to reinstall Windows on your laptop, change the account or perhaps if you want to connect your new smartphone or tablet to your home wireless network. Today we will show you how to view wifi password, saved in Windows 10. Guide updated to meet Fall Creators Update changes.
How to find and view WiFi password in Windows 10
Follow these easy steps to quickly view wireless network security key on any Windows 10 laptop or desktop:
- Right-click the network icon in the Taskbar.
- In Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709) and newer select Open Network & Internet settings:
- Click on Wi-Fi in the left side.
- Scroll down and click on Network and Sharing Center:
In older OS versions it was enough to click the icon in the Taskbar and select Open Network and Sharing Center:
- Click on the Wi-Fi (your SSID) link:
- Press the Wireless Properties button:
- Go to Security tab. Check the flag Show characters. After that you will be able to view your wifi password (Network Security Key):
These easy steps will allow you to recover your wireless password in Windows 10. And by the way, do not forget that you can also view the wifi password (network security key) on your router’s web interface:
The last method can be applied to Access Points, Repeaters and similar equipment.