You may want to disable the fast cable charging to make you battery live longer. If you didn’t know, the faster the battery is charged, the less cycles it can withstand. That’s why we highly recommend that you turn it off when you don’t hurry and have enough time to charge the battery using a lower current. This will extend the life span of your built-in battery and you will have to replace it much later.
Fast cable charging is enabled by default. But if you disabled it and forgot where that setting is this guide will help you as well.
How to Enable and Disable the Fast Charging Mode on Galaxy S10, S9, Note with Android 9 Pie
- Unplug the charger from USB-C port of your Galaxy device.
- Go to Settings >Device care.
- Select Battery at the bottom:
- Tap on three dots on the upper right and select Settings:
- Scroll down to the very bottom and you will see the Fast cable charging option. Toggle it on or off:
That’s it. Turn on the fast charging only when you really need it. For instance, when you came home to change clothes and you know that you will leave for a meeting in half an hour, then it is appropriate to turn on fast charging so that the phone can replenish energy as quickly as possible. But when you have unlimited time to charge your Galaxy’s battery we recommend to turn off the fast charging.
Have a nice day with your favorite Galaxy smartphone!