When TCP/IP reset is needed
The procedure of resetting the TCP/IP often helps to fix problems with network that occured due to:
- malware activity;
- incorrect operation of legal software;
- installation of non-native network drivers;
- system failures of operating system.
It is recommended to reset the TCP/IP and Winsock directory if:
- Internet does not work;
- there is no access to LAN;
- LAN, Internet or network software works slowly or unstable.
How to reset TCP/IP and Winsock
Launch the command prompt as administrator:
Press Yes in the UAC warning window:
Type command to reset the TCP/IP:
netsh int ip reset
Now type command to reset the Winsock directory:
netsh winsock reset
Restart the computer!