In this tutorial I will list multiple methods to run command prompt with highest privileges in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
Run Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10
- Hit the Windows (Start) button on your keyboard or click the Start button using your mouse.
- Right-click the command prompt app in the search results and select “Run as administrator”.
- Click “Yes” in the UAC dialogue if asked.
From Task Manager
- Press “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” to open the Task Manager.
- In the “File” menu click “Run new task”.
- Set the “Create this task with administrative privileges” checkbox.
- Hit “Enter” or click “OK”.
From File Explorer
- Press “Win+E” to open the File Explorer.
- Navigate to
assuming that C: is the letter of your system volume.
- Find the application file
- Right-click it and select “Run as administrator”.
- Click “Yes” in the UAC windows if it appears.
For Old Windows 10 Versions
This method is for old OS versions because in the latest builds the item was replaced by PowerShell.
1. Right-click the start button.
2. Select Command Prompt (Admin):
Run CMD as Administrator in Windows 7
1. Press Start button.
2. Enter cmd into the search field.
3. Right-click cmd in results.
4. Select Run as administrator:
The above methods will be enough for most cases.