As a rule people are talkig about black list feature. Android has a native auto-reject feature and we wrote about it some time ago. Whitelist is another mode when you ignore or reject all callers except selected. There are a lot of third-party apps designed to manage incoming callswhich provide blacklist and whitelist features. But most of them are not freeware and many apps are not perfect. In this guide we will explain how to set up a whitelist on Android without any third-party apps. So, you will only receive calls and messages from those contacts that you wish. But note, other callers will be ignored but not rejected.
Set Up a Whitelist on Android (Samsung Galaxy Devices)
How to set up on Touchwiz launcher.
- Pull-down the drawer.
- Tap and hold Do not disturb mode in quick toggles:
- Tap Allow exceptions to configure the feature:
– Enable Do not disturb mode,
– allow calls,
– allow messages if you wish,
– tap Calls and/or messages from:
- Select to allow calls and messages from Favourite contacts only or Contacts only:
- Add people you want to allow calling you (and/or sending you messages) to Favourite contacts (or to Contacts if you chose Contacts only on the previous step):
That’s it! Now you may enable Do not disturbe mode when you wish and block all calls and messages except from chosen contacts.Very simple and you don’t need to install any third-party apps.
Note! Using this built-in feature calls from unwanted caller will be ignored (muted) but not rejected!