Many people like to install the latest CyanogenMod on very old devices. Sometimes it works faster than the stock Android but it often new versions slow down if the hardware is too old. For instance CM 13 is much slower than CM12.1 on Galaxy Ace 3. Here is a couple of tips on how to speed up CyanogenMod 13 or 14 on your old phone.
Disable animation in Developer Options
- First of all you need to enable Developer Options on your Android.
- Go to Developer Options.
- Scroll down until you see Windows animation options.
- Set all of the three settings to disabled.
Activate battery saver mode
This will disable a part of animation. The interface won’t be so smooth anymore but this can be a real performance improvement on old devices. All you need to do is:
- Add battery saver tile to Quick Toggles (if you don’t have it already there).
- Activate the Battery Saver by taping on it:
Warning! When the battery saver is on you won’t be able to use some features of Android (like Night Mode for example).
To be continued…
If you know other working tricks on how to improve performance of CyanogenMod on an old device, write them in the comments!
1 thought on “How to speed up CyanogenMod on old device. Improve performance of CM13 and 14 on slow devices”
How to inside the hide file by pointer hidden file