What is it?
Developer Options is a hidden submenu where you can modify advanced settings of Android operating system. In different version and ROMs Developer Options will allow you access and modify different number of options.
The most useful Developer Options for ordinary user
If you are not a developer you can nevertheless find very useful features amonf Developer Options. The most useful ones are:
- Advanced Reboot. Allows to reboot directly to recovery or perform a soft reboot.
- Changing the hostname of your Android device.
- Changing or disabling the visual effects.
- USB debugging.
- ADB features.
- Display the current CPU usage.
How to enable Developer Options on Android (or CM)
- Go to Settings.
- Find the System section.
- Tap on About Phone.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Start tapping on Build Number:
Go on until you see You have enabled development settings!
The Developer Options submenu is added to the System section. It is right above the About Phone item:
- Enter the Development Options and turn it On:
That’s it! Now I advise you to change the animation speed! Stay tuned for more guides!