Perhaps, you accidentally deleted data from your disk (or just forgot to copy or move a file or a folder from your system drive, formatted disk C and reinstalled Windows from a scratch) but you know you have it in your backup copy created with AOMEI Backupper. How to recover files or folders without restoring the whole image onto your disk? In fact, this is very easy. AOMEI Backupper offers an extremely useful feature which allows you to mount backup images as virtual drives.
Mount A Backup Image As A Virtual Disk
- Launch AOMEI Backupper.
- Head to “Utilities” > “Explore Image”:
- Browse a previously created backup image. You can either select a backup from the list or click on “Path” and specify a path to another image:
- Let’s say we decide to browse a path manually, because we have a recently installed copy of Windows. Find the image, select it and click “Open”:
- Select a backup point from the image and click “Next”:
- Assign drive letters to partitions inside the image and click “Next”:
- Click “Finish”.
Restore A File Or A Folder From Your Backup Image
- Now you can open the virtual disk and browse your backup image:
- In such a way I can copy the folder from the backup image and paste it to your hard drive:
Unmount An Image
When you restored all information, you may want to unmount the image. You have two options:
- Reboot your PC.
- Go to “Utilities” > “Explore Image” and click “Detach”: