In this article we will tell you about several methods to connect Google Pixel to PC or laptop, view the content such as files, folders, pictures, music and videos from Windows 10. You will be able to download and upload files to/from your phone.
The question asked by a user: How to connect Google Pixel to my computer under Windows 10 and view files and folders on the internal storage? The issue is when I plug in my Pixel to a desktop PC using USB I see an empty storage in the explorer: absolutely nothing is visible there and I can only see “This folder is empty”.
Option 1. Switch Your Pixel To “File Transfer” Mode To See The Internal Storage
- Connect your Google Pixel to Windows 10 PC using the USB cable:
- Swipe down to display the drawer.
- Tap on “USB charging this device”:
- Select “Transfer Files”: Here you are – now you can see the Internal storage of Google Pixel in Windows 10 Explorer:
Option 2. Switch From MTP To PTP In Developer Options
To switch your Google Pixel (Pixel XL) from MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) to PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol).
- Enable “Developer Options” by tapping on “Build Number” in “Phone Status” for several times.
- Go to “Settings” > “Developer Options”:
- Scroll down to “Networking”.
- Tap on “Select USB Configurations”:
- Select “PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol)”:
- Connect your Google Pixel to PC. You will be able to browse pictures:
Unfortunately you will have to do this every time after you reboot your Google Pixel. Actually, I don’t understand why use this method if you can use the previous one.
Option 3. Use MyPhoneExplorer App To Access Storage, Sync And Backup Data
With this third-party program you can manage your Google Pixel content: transfer files, sync contacts and messages and much more.
Download MyPhoneExplorer from the official website and install onto your Windows PC.
Then install the client for Android and set up a PIN.
Now you can connect your Pixel over the Wi-Fi or USB and access all phone’s content. Finally select “Internal Storage” from “Files” menu:
Share your experience in comments.