RAM errors can cause serious issues with your computer: spontaneous reboots, BSODs, freezings or even everything mentioned together. When troubleshooting hardware related issues you will need to check your RAM modules for errors and mutual compatibility. We strongly recommend to test RAM using famous Memtest86+ utility that supports testing of DDR, DDR2 and DDR3 memory. In this guide we will teach you how to:
- download Memtest86+ utility;
- create a bootable USB stick with Memtest86+;
- test your RAM modules for errors and compatibility using the prerared USB stick.
Bad sector is a sector on your hard drive that cannot be used for storing and reading data. A sector is marked as bad when it provides too slow reading speed or cannot be read at all. We recommend to check HDD for bad sectors presence once a year. If you store some extremely important data on the drive – check it even more frequently. If you detected a bad sector don’t hurry to throw your HDD away. In many cases it can be fixed and you can use your disk storage again.
HDAT2 is a great utility designed to detect and repair bad and unstable sectors. It can be run from CD/DVD or USB disk. Here is our ultimate step-by-step guide on:
- how to create a bootable USB flash disk with HDAT2 utility;
- how to check your hard drive for software and hardware bad sectors;
- how to fix bad sectors on your HDD;
- how to upgrade HDAT2 version on your USB stick.
Nowadays wireless networks are almost at every home. And surely you hear people around talking about wireless equipment from time to time. So let us find out what is the difference between such frequently used notions as “Router”, “Wireless Router” and “Access Point”. Continue reading