My Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI Dual Camera kept telling me that the latest firmware is installed and no updates available while my friend told me that he downloaded global MIUI 10 OTA. Here is how to force your Xiaomi phone to detect a firmware update. Simple steps will help you avoid a glitch and get a new firmware right now if it is available.
There can also be glitches like the following. You notice a notification on the Settings, get into firmware upgrade and find out that you are proposed to update Xiaomi’s MIUI to the next version. You may even have the new version downloaded… But suddenly the prompt to update disappears and checking for an upgrade does not help. Read how to deal with the issue on Xiaomi phones like Redmi Note 5, Redmi Note 5 Pro and, perhaps, all other models.
Here is what you can do to receive Xiaomi’s firmware update over the air (OTA):
- Open Settings:
- Head to the APP SETTINGS section.
- Tap on Installed apps:
- Tap the three dots on the upper right.
- Select Show all apps:
- Scroll down and find the system app named Updater and select it:
- Tap Clear data:
- Now tap Clear all data and confirm by selecting OK:
- Now head to Settings > About phone > System update.
- Tap Check for updates a few times:
In my case I had to do it two times and I finally saw the proposal to download and install MIUI 10.0.1.0:
Share this article to your friends!