App info is actually the properties screen where you can view its version, find out how much memory it consumes, modify its permissions, clear its cache, delete all its data, move it to the external SD card (if possible), etc.
What is the fastest way to view app info on Android? We will show how it looks on Google Pixel.
The Easiest Way — Widgets
The fastest and easiest way to access app info in the latest versions of Android is to long tap the icon (on the home screen or in the drawer) and select “i”.
App Switcher (a.k.a. Overview, Recent Screens)
- Launch an app information about which you want to see.
- Swipe up on Home button or tap the Overview button to open recent screens.
- Tap and hold on the app’s icon at the top.
- Select App Info:
Now you can see the information about the application you selected:
The Common Way
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “Apps & notifications”.
- Tap the “See all…” link.
- Select the one you are interested in.
It is reasonable to use the above method if you need to view the info of a systems app — which is neither on the home screen, nor in the drawer. Let’s say, in case if you are going to clear the data or cache of Settings or Google Services.