In this guide we will show you two methods to get rid of annoying push notifications sent by Xiaomi’s Mi Browser on Android 9 with MIUI 10.
Some time ago we wrote how to get rid of very important news sent by pre-installed browser on Meizu running Android 7. And today we decided to post a step-by-step guide on how to do the same with the Browser app on Xiaomi running Android 9 or 8.
The news are annoying and you must at least make MI Browser deliver them silently – without any sound or vibration. But I prefer to turn them off completely.
The story is as usual: the browser is pre-installed and can’t be uninstalled without rooting your device (that we don’t actually recommend). Screenshots taken on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro running MIUI 10.2.2.0 (Android 8.1).
Here is how it looks. On the screenshot below you can see that the Xiaomi Browser app sent me three notifications about who knows what.
Strictly speaking, this way you can get rid of notifications from any application, not only the browser from Xiaomi.
- Pull down the notification shade.
- Hold down the finger on the notification.
- Toggle off notifications for MI Browser:
If you already happened to dismiss notification(s) by MI Browser, you can either wait until the next one and use method 1 or do the following to disable push notifications immediately:
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to the APPS SETTINGS section and tap on Installed apps:
- Tap the search field at the top and search for Browser (not MI Browser).
- Select the Xiaomi Browser app in the results:
- Now select Notifications:
- and either toggle them off globally or configure the way you want:
That’s it! Maybe, the things are slightly different on your Xiaomi device, so
we would appreciate if you add some extra tips concerning the problem.