What’s the Problem with Display (Theme)?
Mi Fit app suggests changing Band Display layout as a personalization option. But once you change the display theme to a non-default you may start experiencing some problems: Mi Band may stop responding to your swipe and tap gestures, scroll the wrong direction or even may go back to the home screen by itself.
Often users think that Mi Band 4 freezes because it is a glitching piece of tech but the culprit is actually display themes for some reason. But fortunately you can fix these screen responsiveness related problems by reverting to the default screen.
The additional problem is that you can easily assign a new display layout (theme) using the Mi Fit app but you cannot switch back to the default screen theme in that app. But here is how you can do it nonetheless.
How to Fix and Switch Back to the Factory Default Screen Theme on Mi Band 4
Follow the steps on your Mi Band:
- Tap on the Home button at the bottom of the face to turn on the screen.
- Head to the More section by swiping up or down on the screen:
- Scroll down and select the Band Display settings:
- Select one of the default pre-installed display themes.
- When you select the display theme you like, hold down your finger for one second and than release it:
- You should feel a vibration. It means that the new display theme has been already applied to your Mi Band.
Check the responsiveness of your Mi Band 4. Everything should work just fine!
Tell us in the comments whether or not you have faced the same issue on your Mi Band 4, 3 or 2 and if the current guide helped you fix the problem. Thank you and good luck!