Starting with the version 72 you can move the Chrome’s toolbar with tabs, search, menu icons to the bottom of the screen. Just the way it is on iPhone. It is much more convenient because you can reach the toolbar with your finger easier, especially if you have a phone with 6 inch display but prefer using your Android device with one hand. The feature is available in the “flags” but hopefully will migrate to the “Settings” soon.
Display Chrome’s Toolbar with Tabs at the Bottom of the Screen
Here is what you need to do:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Chrome installed.
- Launch the app on your Android device.
- Copy and paste the following URL to the address bar:
- Set the Chrome Duet value to Enabled:
- Press Relaunch at the bottom.
- Now tap the Overview button and swipe the Chrome out of RAM.
- Launch the app and enjoy using your mobile Chrome with tabs, home, search and menu icons docked to the bottom:
The toolbar will hide as soon as you scroll the page down. So don’t be afraid, it won’t prevent your from viewing the content.
I hope, that this option will show up in the Settings of the mobile browser in the upcoming versions of the app. Now the feature is available as a tested one.
Do you like such a setup? Do you feel more comfortable with Chrome’s toolbar at the bottom of the screen? Express your opinion in the comments. Good luck!