Many people notice that latest versions of Mozilla Firefox save a session backup to disk every 15 seconds. At such rates Mozilla is able to easily write up to 15 Gigabytes of data to your SSD per day. Of course such enormous amount of written data can significantly reduce the life of any SSD. Here is how to change the current session auto saving time period and stop Firefox killing your SSD.
- Launch the Mozilla browser.
- Open a new tab.
- Type: about:config in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Click I accept the risk!:
- Type browser.sessionstore.interval in the search field.
- Set browser.sessionstore.interval to 600000 (10 minutes) or even bigger to increase the time span for Firefox to save the current browsing session to disk:
- Restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
From now on your Firefox browser will save the browsing session every 10 minutes but not every 15 seconds.
I hope, you found this information helpful.
1 thought on “Stop Mozilla Firefox from Killing Your SSD”
Is there any way to turn it off completely?