Here is how to change the sound of your alarm in Android 7 Nougat and Android 6 Marshmallow. Note that you can assign different ringtones to different alarms. You may also choose sounds from system ringtones (including those you put into Ringtones folder in your device storage manually), as well as assign your favourite music track from external SD card or even tell your Android to start a playlist at the time specified in the alarm settings. The steps are pretty the same for Android 7, Android 6 or Cyanogen 12/13.
Change the alarm sound in Android 7 Nougat and Android 6 Marshmallow
- Tap on the Clock widget: …or go to Apps ⇒ Clock App:
- Tap the Alarm icon to switch to alarm properties.
- Then tap the arrow icon to edit the settings of the current alarm:
- Tap on the rington name:
- Here choose whether you wish to assign a ringtone or add your music track or even a playlist. In our example let us assign a Ringtone:
- Select the one you like.
- Tap OK to save settings of the current alarm:
- Now just press the Home button to exit. You can also tap here (or scroll down and tap on the arrow icon) to close properties and edit another alarm: