Mystart2.dealwifi.com and mystart2.dealwifi.com are ordinary browser hijackers. The malware program sets up http://mystart2.dealwifi.com as the default search engine and start page in your browser. Often users cannot change them back to Google or Bing because the settings are blocked by unwanted browser extension. Here is how to get rid of mystart2.dealwifi.com in Chrome, Firefox and Opera.
How to remove mystart2.dealwifi.com from browser
Perform the following steps to get rid of mystart in browser.
- Go to Programs and features and uninstall DealWifi (Deal Wifi Hotspot) by Rafo Technology Inc:
- Go to browser Settings.
- Delete the extension named oem_Newsearch123 or something like that. It is very important because the search engine, home page or startup page settings can be blocked by this extension so you cannot change them.
By the way you can also go to Search engine settings, move the mouse cursor onto the icon at the end of the line and when you see the pop-up notification “This setting is controlled by oem_NewSearch123” click Disable:
After that you will be able to set up Google as a default search. Do not forget to delete http://newsearch123.com that is used to redirect you to http://mystart2.dealwifi.com:
- If some settings are still blocked after you removed all suspicious extensions you can unlock them by removing the policy from Google Chrome.
- Remove mystart2.dealwifi.com or newsearch123.com from the Startup page and Home page settings:
- Reset the browser if you beleive that other settings have been modified by malware:
- Check the browser shortcuts. Be sure to remove URLs like mystart2.dealwifi.com:
We hope these steps will help you to get rid of mystart2.dealwifi.com hijacker.