Question: My Gmail app stopped syncing (updating) automatically. I don’t receive emails until I manually launch Gmail app and pull down to update. How do I fix this on my Galaxy S phone?
Answer: you need to have three things enabled to be able to receive incoming emails automatically and immediately as they are sent:
- Enable Mobile Data. Ensure you have set up mobile data and turn it on. Actually this seems to be OKAY in your case.
- Enable Sync. Tap on the Sync toggle in quick toggles:
- Enable Gmail auto sync. Do the following:
- Go to Settings > Accounts. Tap on Google:
- Tap right on your Google account name (email@example.com):
- Check the flag Sync Gmail:
Once you’ve done this, Gmail should start syncing automatically.