Content Protector is an unwanted program published by Artex Management S.A. It is completely useless for you because it is designed purely to generate revenue to its developers by injecting ads or changing settings in browser. Here is the guide on how to get rid of Content Protector program and remove its traces from the browser.
How to remove Content Protector
1. Kill Content Protector processes
Launch the Task Manager.
Go to Processes (or Details) tab.
Find contentprotector.exe process.
If you found the process of Content Protector right-click on it and select End Task.
Here is an example on how to end a process:
2. Uninstall Content Protector
Find Content Protector published by Artex Management S.A.
Select the program and click Remove.
Warning! If there is no Content Protector in the list, look for its folder in C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData and C:\Users using Windows search. You can usually uninstall such kind of unwanted programs by running uninstall.exe or uninst.exe file directly.
3. Remove all traces of Content Protector
Check your system using the latest version of AdwCleaner and kill all found malicious items:
We also recommend to install Anti-Malware free and ensure that your PC is free of malware. It will remove the installer of Content Protector and other malicious programs:
After you removed Content Protector
When your PC seems to be free from adware and unwanted programs such as Content Protector the main thing is not to get infected again. Here are some extra steps to ensure your safety:
1. Manually clear the folder where all adware installers are usually located:
2. Look through your Downloads folder and delete all recently downloaded files. We advise that you sort files by date:
3. Check shortcuts of all browsers following this guide:
4. Inspect the list of extensions in all browsers. Remove unknown and suspicious extensions: